Monday, November 15, 2010

December Countdown

December for me means, lots of shopping, parties and baking. Today I asked my daughter if it was too early to put up the Christmas tree. I love December. Usually the day after Thanksgiving-after the early morning Black Friday shopping, I start decorating. It usually takes me a few days to get everything out and set up. Over the years we, I mean I, have scaled back. We usually have two trees, one for me and one for the kids. several wreaths, lots of candles, the nutcracker and snowman collections and the countdown calendars. Each year we hold a Christmas party to celebrate our friends and their families, host the neighborhood Christmas Caroling party, have cookie exchanges and usually let the kids have some sort of event. So, with only 14 days until December, how do you prepare for the most wonderful time of the year?

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Your season sounds wonderful!
We usually put up our tree after Thanksgiving too, on a day that hubby is home. Now that they are older, we let the kiddos decorate it and we watch them recall when/where they got each ornament. I put out my decor and my collection of snowmen, plus my North Pole house collection. A staple in our home during the holiday is firewood because we love to sit by the fire and talk. :) Great entry!!

Gabrielle Watson said...

Well the day after Halloween, we take down all the Halloween decor and we start putting up Christmas decor. We put away all the Halloween books & movies and pull out the Christmas ones. We set the fireplace up to start using it, and we set up the Christmas tree in the first week of November. This is MY FAVE time of year, and my family likes to celebrate Christmastime for a full 2 months :)

Steph said...

I am totally not ready for the holidays. I need to start a to do list.

Sharla said...

I wish I was together enough to prepare something as good as your holiday plans sound!But.......I kinda wait until the last minute on some things and then rush around like crazy to get something done. Maybe this year I'll try to think ahead, it might save me a headache or two!!

Tracy said...

I put my tree's up 12 days before Christmas. I too have one for me to decorate the way I like it and the other one the kids and hubby can do LOL. Ya I'm a perfectionist.
I start 12 days before Christmas but I keep it up till after new years.

Amy said...

I love hearing about all your decor. I too love December! I can't wait to get all my decorations out and up! I am hosting a Girl's Day Out Holiday Open House and can't wait! Baking is definitely a highlight of the season! Looking forward to photos of your decor!