Thursday, June 26, 2008

DD & Teenage Boys-- Oh My!

So now that my DD is almost 15, boys have entered the picture whether I want them to or not. Everywhere we go it seems that there are teenage boys and young men flirting, smiling and trying to chat it up. Just last night as we were leaving In & Out Burger a young man who was dining with his baseball team, smiled and waved his cell phone at her in an attempt to get her number.
What is a mother to do? Am I ready for this? It feels like just yesterday I was putting her hair into pigtails, so she could immediatly rip out. It is hard to beleive that she will be 15 soon. Soon she will start dating , start driving within a year and before I know it, she will be leaving for college. How do other mother's deal with the "oh my baby is growing up"?

1 comment:

Heather said...

I only have a boy, and he's 2, so it won't be the same for me. I think it has to be more difficult with girls. Maybe a lovely boarding school just for girls!? Good luck! Oh, and I love that waving the cell phone thing. How polite!