Saturday, November 20, 2010

Snow Flurries = Weary Traveler

OMG- 11 hours for a 4.5 hour drive. We left at 3:45 PM and expected to arrive around 9:00PM NOT, it was 2:45AM when we pulled into the resort. Between the traffic through Sacramento and then the time it took to put on chains we were already at 6 hours. Once the chains were on it was another 5 hours of driving 30mph over the summit through miserable conditions. I am here, tired, and coffee deprived.

I was awaken at 8:30 by the sound of snow shovels on the sidewalks; not quite the sound I wanted to hear. so here I sit while my family sleeps. So far I've shopped on-line, read Facebook and watched some design shows on TV. However, we are here in Tahoe, there is snow and it will be a glorious week of vacation. So, what are your plans for the Thanksgiving week?

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Sorry to hear about your not so fun road trip. But here is to the week of playing in the snow.