Sunday, June 29, 2008

Swimsuits--ACK!!!

The whole process of buying a swimsuit is so overwhelming to me. It isn't that I don't like my body. For a woman who is 41 years old, who doesn't watch what she eats all of the time- (OK, I watch it- I just don't care that it has a trillion calories), or who doesn't exercise, I think I look o.k. all things considered. So whats the problem? Why can't I find a swimsuit that fits. Maybe I'm wrong about all of this. If I am, will someone please let me know. For some reason, I seem to think that the girls should be contained inside the top, whether a person is wearing a bikini, tankini or one piece. I just don't think nipple is supposed to show, nor do I think it should be the only part of the breast that is covered. Maybe I'm wrong, and if I am, then I will give up on the search for a swimsuit. Yes, I know my girls are big, but we aren't talking implants here, not Baywatch bouncing material, just boobs for a woman who is 5 ft. 9in. After all, I can find bras that fit.

Now the 5ft. 9in thing can be a hassle to find a one piece. Usually they are too short in the torso and either end up making me look like the hunch back, or the butt portion magically turns into a thong. Either way it isn't pretty. A few weeks ago, I ordered several different styles and sizes from Eddie Bauer. I was sure that at least one would fit. Wrong! When I went to return them the guy says, "next time try ordering just one at a time till you find the right size". OK, sure. So if I did it his way, I'd still be ordering, paying a bundle in shipping, not to mention endless trips to the mall to return each one separately. And, in the end, still not have one.

I am happy to say that yesterday, my quest ended. I was out shopping with my SIL, not even looking for as swimsuit. There it was, the only one like it. I didn't fall in love with it immediately, but I will learn to love it. It is long enough from shoulder on down, no hunch back or unintentional thong. The big girls are covered and supported, so it is all good. The best part--- it was only $19.99, got to love a bargain.

3 comments:

Creative Junkie said...

shopping for a bathing suit is probably one of life's necessary evils that i absolutely LOATHE with every fiber of my being. seriously, it's enough to make me never want to enter a store again.

Heather said...

I agree. It should not be so hard to find a good suit. I have the same issue with bras though! It is nice that you can buy then in pieces now rather than a set. And I have the opposite problem with one pieces. They are too long. I'm 4'11"!

emily said...

shopping for bathing suits is awful. miserable. i'm a bargain shopper and am horrified by how expensive they are! But then sometimes if I wait to long...there are no sizes left! grrr. Sounds like you hit the jackpot...it fits AND it was a steal!