Saturday, September 8, 2007

Weekends...

Weekends are never long enough. Even the 3-day weekend just isn't enough time. Saturdays seem to fly by, then Sunday comes along and all I can think about is how much stuff I need to get done, to get me through the week.

Today for example, we had a soccer game in the morning, then the family all needed haircuts, so now it is 2:00 PM. I then needed to make a quick trip to walmart for a birthday card and gift. After that we stopped at the animal shelter to look for a puppy. One more stop at Safeway before we headed to the birthday party.

It is now 9:30 at night and here I sit with 5 loads of laundry waiting to be done, a pile of papers that need correcting and a to-do list a mile long. Sunday is supposed to be the day of rest, rest for who I ask, not for me. So, for those of you lucky enough to be able to rest on Sunday, let me know how it feels.

2 comments:

Brenda Smith said...

I've decided I am time-impared. I think I know what I can accomplish in a day and by the end I have done a quarter of what I set out to do and then lots I didn't intend to do. Everything was 4 times longer than planned (usually my own fault). So I can understand, and Sunday is not a day of rest, it is a day to do the rest!

Brenda Smith said...

BTW, happy to see you're blogging again!